Tuesday, October 11, 2011

a start.


Franglais [frɑ̃glɛ], n: informal French containing a high proportion of words of English origin, from French français and English anglais.



Welcome to my (life)style blog. My name is Cat, I'm a 21 year old student and I try to divide my time equally between clothes and food. I come from London but I've moved to Lyon, France for the year to study (supposedly). I love France, I love the cuisine (SO MUCH CHEESE), the fashion, the weather, the language. Part of me wants to become French, but my ingrained Englishness struggles with this. The language still feels like an alien which temporarily invades my head, rather than an action of concious thought, so I feel like I am constantly switching between being two different people. 

Meanwhile, the French and the English don't have a reputation for good relations. Ever since 1066 we've been fighting over which bit of land belongs to whom, and even now that we have settled our border disputes we still see it fit to insult eachothers food, inhabitants, body odeur, culture...

The solution? To become UNE FRANGLAISE. A killer combination of english wit and french style, non? I've got a year. Let's see what happens...


.............


Bienvenue à mon blog de la mode (de vie). Je m'appelle Cat, je suis une étudiante de 21 ans et j'essaye de partager mes temps en parts égales entre la mode et la nourriture. Je viens de Londres, mais j'habite à Lyon, France pour l’année pour étudier (supposément). J'aime la France, j'aime la cuisine (LE FROMAGE), la mode, le temps, la langue. Une partie de moi voudrait devenir français, mais mon 'anglicité', qui est bien enraciné dans mon cerveau, ça fait difficile. Quand je parle de la langue français, il se sent encore comme il y a  un extraterrestre dans ma tete temporairement, donc je me sens comme les deux personnes différentes toute le temps.  

Au même temps, les français et les anglais n'ont pas une réputation pour des rapports amicaux. Depuis 1066, nous avons lutte de la possession de la terre, et bien que ces luttes soient fini, nous insultons encore la nourriture, les habitants, les odeurs et la culture de l'un l'autre....

La solution? Devenir UNE FRANGLAISE. Une cocktail détonant de l’esprit anglais et le style français, non? J'ai une année. On voit qu'est-ce que passer...

5 comments:

  1. Great intro, love the name - and the outfit. I look forward to reading more! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat! So you're from London?! I always dream of living there and France?! You're so lucky to study there! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love that - franglais. if thats u in the picture, i love ur shoes!

    http://canbernard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog! I hope your year is a huge success. Thank you for linking to me, I have linked to you too. Please visit me often! Bisous

    ReplyDelete